Chair: Prita Daliya
Attendees: Phil Herrod, Tan Sian, Panchali Sarmah, Ahmed El-Sharkawy, Alfie Adiamah, Tanvir Hossain, Edward Dickson, Anisa Kushairi, Wosu Chukwuemeka, Dileep Lobo, Mukul Dube.
Apologies: Hannah Boyd-Carson, David Humes, Ed Charles, Tim Rattay, Jennifer Couch.
Updates on current EMSAN studies:
- Good interest for FaST audit, and WES-Pi survey.
- FaST audit now closed, WES-Pi due to be completed July 2018.
- Aim to analyse preliminary data by August 2018 in preparation for SARS 2019.
- Discussions regarding study management to assist future developments.
New study proposals:
- 2 studies on body composition discussed and undergoing development.
- 1 survey-based study discussed, protocol development and study design to be started.
- 1 collaborative audit discussed, protocol development and study design to be started.
A summary of collaborative studies presented, and regional involvement discussed...
- GlobalSurg 3
- ROSSINI 2
- Consensus to rotate amongst other regional sites.
- Availability of conferencing facilities re-emphasised to aid meeting attendance.
- Discussions on funding ongoing. Need for grant applications for future studies discussed.
East Midlands Surgical Society meeting (next week):
- Friday 15 June, 09:00-16:00.
- King's Mill Hospital, Education Centre.
- Further info on EMSS website.
6th ESPEN symposium on peri-operative nutrition:
- Sunday 14th– Monday 15th October 2018.
- East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham.
- Further information on ESPEN website.
Date: Tuesday 14th August 2018.
Time: 6:30pm - 8pm.
Venue: The Boardroom, Research Corridor, South Block, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham.